This volume of Future Of Children focuses on children’s use of electronic media.
The table of contents includes:
- Trends in Media Use by Donald F. Roberts and Ulla G. Foehr
- Media and Young Children’s Learning by Heather L. Kirkorian, Ellen A. Wartella, and Daniel R. Anderson
- Media and Attention, Cognition, and School Achievement by Marie Evans Schmidt and Elizabeth A. Vandewater
- Media and Children’s Aggression, Fear, and Altruism by Barbara J. Wilson
- Online Communication and Adolescent Relationships by Kaveri Subrahmanyam and Patricia Greenfield
- Media and Risky Behaviors by Soledad Liliana Escobar-Chaves and Craig A. Anderson
- Social Marketing Campaigns and Children’s Media Use by W. Douglas Evans
- Children as Consumers: Advertising and Marketing by Sandra L. Calvert [children under 8 are especially vulnerable, but new ‘stealth’ marketing techniques undermine consumer defenses of older children and adolescents as well]
- Children’s Media Policy by Amy B. Jordan
Also check out the “Outreach” section of the Future of Children homepage. There are videos to watch, NPR clips to listen to, and if you’re in the Princeton area, events to attend.